Terms & Conditions
Terms of participation Muddy Mates 2014
Download Terms & Conditions as a PDF (48k)
Article 1. Definitions
In these Terms of participation (hereafter: Terms) the definitions below will have the meaning specified:
- Event: Muddy Mates 2014, organized by Organizer on April 19, 2014 in Velsen/Spaarnwoude, the Netherlands.
- Participant: the natural person who has registered for participation in the Event in the manner prescribed by Organizer.
- Agreement: the agreement under which the Participant participates in the Event.
- Organizer: Scape B.V.
Article 2. Participation
- Participation in the Event is possible only by natural persons having reached at least the minimum age required by Organizer. In case of participation by minors explicit approval by parental authorities or guardians is required.
- Participant can participate in the Event only after having completely and thruthfully completed the entry form and discharged his payment obligations.
- Participants can only participate in the Event in person.
- If Participant is prevented from attending the Event entry-fees (including extras) will not be refunded.
- Organizer can decide to cancel the Event in exceptional circumstances. Such decision will not create an obligation to reimburse entry-fees or any other costs incurred by Participant.
- Participants will move around the course set out by Organizer by walking, running or crawling, and will gain the obstacles set out in the course in the manner indicated by Organizer.
- Organizer can remove a Participant from the Event if Participant does not adhere to these Terms, or behaves in an unfair or unsporting manner, or if Organizer deems removal necessary to ensure a proper course of the Event.
- Participants shall follow all instructions by Organizer and by persons who, in view of their clothing or other distinguishing marks, are clearly part of the Event’s organization.
- Organizer accepts no responsibility for lost clothing or other property by Participants. This is also valid for property left behind or stored in accomodation made available by Organizer. It is pointed out to Participant that such accomodation will not be guarded by Organizer.
- Participant shall inflict no damage to property of others, and will not leave any trash.
- Participants are not allowed to participate in the Event under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.
Article 3. Liability
- Participation is at Participant’s own risk. Organizer is not liable for any damages, in whatever form, incurred by Participant by participating in the Event, including damages following from injuries or death, except in case these damages result from Organizer’s intentional acts or gross negligence.
- If Organizer is, nothwithstanding the preceding paragraph, deemed liable for damages, this liability is restricted to the maximum sum paid with regard to these damages to Organizer by its insurers.
- Participant must be adequately insured against the risk of damages incurred by him or his surviving dependants resulting from his death, injury or illness, resulting from his participation in the Event.
- Participant is aware that good mental and physical health is a prerequisite for participation in the Event, and declares that he fills this prerequisite, and that he has prepared by training and otherwise for the Event. Organizer strongly recommends Participants to have a medical examination before participating in the Event.
- Participant indemnifies Organizer for all damages third parties may suffer as a result of any act or omission by Participant with regard to the Event. Participant is obliged to be adequately insured against such liability.
Article 4. Intellectual property
- Participant grants irrevocable and unqualified permission to Organizer to film or photograph Participant, and to use these recordings.
- Participant grants all his rights of any kind or character regarding these recordings and/or parts thereof, including copyrights and neighbouring rights, to Organizer. Participant waives all his moral rights towards Organizer and its legal successors. If and as far as such waiver is not possible in law, Participant will not invoke these rights.
- Organizer is authorized by Participant to reproduce and disclose (parts of) the recordings worldwide, in perpetuity, unrestricted and in any manner or media possible.
- Participant also grants Organizer and its legal successors the right to use Participant’s portrait.
- Participant will receive no reimbursement for these grants and waivers.
Article 5. Peronal data
- In connection with the participation in the Event Organizer processes personal data of Participant. By entering into the Agreement with Organizer Participant grants permission to Organizer to use his e-mail address for the purpose of sending information regarding the evnt. Participant can at any time, in writing ([postadres]) or by per e-mail ([e-mailadres]) raise objection to the sending of information by Organizer, upon which Organizer will cease sending information.
Article 6. Applicable law and competent court
- These Terms and related agreements and obligations between Participant and Organizer are governed by Dutch law.
- All disputes arising from or associated with these Terms and related agreements and obligations between Participant and Organizer that cannot be resolved amicably between Participant and Organizer will be subnmitted for settlement to the competent court in Amsterdam.